On Veteran’s Day, 2015, one Veteran will receive the keys to a mortgage-free, four bedroom, two bathroom house with nearly 2,000 square feet of space in the Charlotte, North Carolina area courtesy of Operation Homefront and Meritage Homes. The home will be custom built and have Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant features such as wider door frames and will be wheelchair accessible.
The application process for the Charlotte home closes on August 3, 2015. The vet selected to receive the home will be named on September 11, 2015 and the Veteran will receive the keys to the home on Veteran’s Day, 2015. The Veteran will
In order to apply for a home on the Operation Homefront program, all the following must be met:
In order to qualify for the Homes on the Homefront Program ALL of the following requirements must be met:
- Must have an honorable discharge if a Veteran. This includes dual Military/Veteran couples; each Military Veteran must have an honorable discharge in order to qualify for the program.
- Cannot be a current home owner or mortgage holder. This includes any household member that would be residing in the home.
- Cannot have a felony criminal conviction. This includes all adult household members that would reside in the home.
- Must have supporting documentation such as proof of income, VA paperwork, DD214 (member 2, 4, 7 or 8), Military ID and or government issued picture ID in order to process your application.
- If you or a member of your immediate family (parents, spouse etc.) are employed by Chase, Wells Fargo, or Bank of America you may not be eligible for homes donated by that banking institution, and we ask for full disclosure of the employment in that case.
- You or your immediate family cannot be employed by Operation Homefront.
If ALL of the listed items above apply to you, then you are eligible for the program!
Please note: the program caters to all Honorably Discharged Veterans, regardless of the era you served, injury or lack of injury. As long as you meet the above qualifications, you qualify for our program.
For more information on eligibility and how to apply, visit the Operation Homefront website at homesonthehomefront.org or go right to their application page. If you are interested in learning more about the home, check this page.